The identified problems are a lack of:
- coordinated/regional planning for aggregates’ supply that addresses cross-sectoral interactions and ensures that documents are consistent;
- integrated planning for primary and secondary aggregates that addresses resource efficiency;
- capacity and competence to address the preceding two problems;
- stakeholder engagement and consultation process to ensure that planning addresses the concerns and needs of all target groups.
The primary objective is to develop a Toolbox for Aggregates Planning to support national/regional, primary and secondary aggregates planning in SEE countries, which will include:
- SNAP-SEE Vision for a transition to integrated, comprehensive sustainable aggregates planning in SEE;
- Handbook on Capacity Building and Stakeholder Consultation;
- Handbook on Data and Analysis Methods;
- Aggregates Planning Scheme, containing planning modules that embody the principles, approaches and action necessary to achieve the goals of the Vision.